mercoledì 2 aprile 2014

MBA or not to MBA?

Dear Master Student


Choosing a Master is not easy.  I remember when I was counting how much money I would need to afford my studies and also live close enough to the school. The option were many and as soon as the Internet research started, I was bombard with offers and interested schools from all over the world, promising me the best preparation  and the best connections for a future job. USA, UK, Benelux, Ireland, every country was a brand new experience and gave me the same further qualification, necessary for a big step up and success in work. My idea was that my experience was good enough to access senior management position, however I was not qualified for it, a master would have open the door to management, to power, to more responsibility and especially to big money.  The MBA is a must, no other title can qualify you like the MBA! Better if you do it in a famous school, more you pay, more you will succeed! …they said.  When EAE contacted me with this Master in International Business, I wasn’t  very happy with this different title, however subjects and Professors seems qualified, more over this would have been a good chance of staying in a City I really liked, and live again in a warm and sunny country. I have never done things like the average, why start now? for me different is good, so, EAE here I am. My idea was that as soon as the master was completed I would have gained a brand new outlook on the Multinationals environments, and capability to grow quickly in a management position, and obviously gain more money and freedom. If you are approaching a master with the same idea, I am very sorry to say that’s not quite what you get. Right now I have more or less the same job I had before the master although I gain slightly more money, and I still haven’t got a chance to prove my capabilities as responsible manager. Bad choice? I don’t think so. If it wasn’t for the Master in International Business at EAE I wouldn’t know at all the difference between my current position and a manager position. If it wasn’t for this Master I wouldn’t understand what is the price that must be paid to reach a higher level (nothing to do with written Qualifications), if it wasn’t for my teachers at the MIB I wouldn’t even know what is the reason why we have managers in big companies, and how this people are selected. If it wasn’t for MIB I wouldn’t know what is the best way today to contact a company and how companies are getting informations from workers, customers, and partners. If it I had not picked the same Mas
ter,  today I wouldn’t know, how I to improve my position, and if it wasn’t for the master I wouldn’t know what my position really means. All teachers and the practical cases used in this Master, give you the possibility to put yourself in the right spot, and to take decisions thinking with your head, not enough, they give you the possibility to think: Would I really like to be in this situation? Would I really like to work for a company like this? They also make you think that a big company it isn’t always good or better than a small one,  and that it is very important not just what the company produce, but how it is produced and what are the criteria’s, behind the company, and the company history. Today with the hanger of jobs, the global crisis, the unemployment rise, and the big changes that the world is going through, I would like to thank very much all teachers and organizers of the course MIB at EAE Business School, for opening my eyes, and not teaching me only how to growth inside a company, but to select what company work for, to understand my capability and to consider my life not as my job and how much money I make, but as a mix of many things. I would like to thank all of them for not giving me the job I liked but to taught me what I really like. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento